9.05.2005

Back to work

Just to close out this weekend of catching up on personal stuff- here's a little quote that I didn't end up using in what became a really quick review of King of the Jews by Nick Tosches.

"And I've come to like you. And, in a way, to know you. You wouldn't be here if you were so easily manipulated. I mean, don't get me wrong: When I was young I'd rob a hot stove. That was before I could make money with words. And words meant a lot to me back then. They were almost sacred. Then I learned that, for the most part, that it was just a racket like anything else. Publishers, even before they became appendages of dying corporate conglomerates, did not care about words or books. But fuck that-- I'm not getting into that again."

Ah yup, that about says it all for me right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home