7.08.2007

You can call me a guybrarian if I can call you a girl reporter

This is why I really don't like to read MSM. Way to make vapid assumptions about librarians in order to do some cool hunting. Remember that news article about Seattle in the 90's where someone gave bunch of nonsense and claimed it was the new lingo? Well, thank you NYT for attempting to reach that level with a look at hipster librarians.

Imagine, people in their 20s and 30s wanting to be cool like all the other people with these crazy tattoos and funny haircuts. Can you believe it?

And yes I take offense to the tone about men in the library profession. If you're going to continue believing that professions have a traditional gender that should be assigned to them, at least be more tongue-in-cheek about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like your tag - I'm a male librarian. A female reporter forwarded me the story...

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home